GIGAlite Fibre Solutions
The Nexans GIGAlite range of fibre solutions combine cables, connectivity and hardware to provide
guaranteed performance & reliability across the entire LAN.
Thanks to Nexans Copper-to-Fibre transition products, the installed active copper equipment base can be maintained, with fibre integrated in a mixed technology infrastructure. This solution enables to work seamlessly and offers easy to manage future-proofed cabling infrasturctures.
- transparent integration of GIGAlite fibre solutions into an existing copper based network
- investment protection of the installed base
- central system with SNMP management
- no intervention at PC level (no optional NICs required)
- Ease of installation with direct connectorising and ready to splice panels
- Suitable for centralised architectures
- Flexible multiple connectivity support (ST, SC, MT- RJ)
- Modularity including campus, riser and horizontal cabling
GIGAlite 3 features OM3 compliant 50/125 fibre
- 10 Gigabit applictions up to 300m where singlemode is not considered suitable
GIGAlite II features enhanced 62.5/125 OM1 and 50/125 OM2 compliant multimode (MM) fibres or
standard singlemode (SM) (OS1). The enhanced multimode fibres are laser optimised to provide
extended distance capability.
- Collapsed backbone, backbone, & Campus links
- fibre to the desk solutions for ultra high bandwidth and high security applications
- Gigabit applications (MM) or 10 Gigabit (SM) links up to 1000m?
- Composite (MM+SM) GIGAlite II recommended as best value for money gigabit applications today
and 10 gigabit for future.
[ Back ]